Patrick Birmingham, M.D.
Patrick Birmingham, M.D. is a Board Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon,Chicago specialist in Hip arthroscopy, sports medicine and arthroscopic surgical treatment of shoulder, knee, and elbow injuries.
Dr. Birmingham serves as a Team Physician for the Chicago Bears, and has acted as Team Physician to the New York Football Giants, and the Milwaukee Mustangs Arena Football Team.
Dr. Birmingham is a clinical faculty for the University Of Chicago Department Of Orthopaedic Surgery. After completion of residency at George Washington University, Dr. Birmingham completed a fellowship in Sports Medicine, Shoulder Surgery, and advanced Hip Arthroscopy at the Hospital for Special Surgery which ranks first in the nation in orthopedics by U.S. News & World Report. He concentrated his training on Sports Hip Impingement and Arthroscopy with Dr. Bryan Kelly, anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction, and the treatment of shoulder dislocations, rotator cuff injuries, and cartilage repair.
Dr. Birmingham serves as an instructor for the Arthroscopy Association of North America's Hip Arthroscopy, Knee Ligament, and Advanced Shoulder Courses, and a reviewer for The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, The American Journal of Sports Medicine, and the Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery.
Dr. Birmingham is a member of the International Society for Hip Arthroscopy, the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine, the Arthroscopy Association of North America, the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery, and the American Medical Association.
- Loyola University Chicago, Stritch School of Medicine
- George Washington University
- Hospital for Special Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Orthopaedic Association, Emerging Leaders Programs
- Orthopaedic Research Society
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- American Medical Association
Current Appointments (Public Hospital)
- Assistant Professor, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Medical College of Wisconsin
His particular interests are
- Hip Arthroscopy
- Sports Hip Injuries
- Cartilage Repair and Reconstruction
- Knee, Shoulder, Elbow Injuries
- Shoulder Arthritis
Click here to view Patrick Birmingham, M.D. Personal Website